Group guitar lessons for teenagers
Please note that students are grouped according to age and level.
In a friendly, encouraging atmosphere, students will be taught the foundations of guitar playing through music that is relevant while also exploring diversified musical genres. Programmes will evolve with the student as they continue to develop their musicianship.
Some elements students in these programmes will develop include:
- reading and playing both music notation and guitar tablature
- correct technique
- songs of your choice, approved by the teacher
- understanding and application of relevant music theory
- aural skills
- rhythm guitar
- lead guitar technique and improvisation
- skills needed to play with other musicians
Members attend a 1 hour group lesson (3 – 5 guitarists) each week. Please note that lessons continue throughout school holiday periods for those who wish to attend.