We are not actively hiring at the moment, but if you have what it takes we might just give you a job!
Requirements For A Position
We’re very open to hiring candidates with different backgrounds, experiences, and skills. However, there are a few non-negotiable traits that any successful candidate will possess.
- Your default setting is to be proactive not reactive. You ask questions rather than letting topics go undiscussed. You take ownership of problems and develop solutions without being asked. To do this job well, you need to be eager to take action and have a history of getting things done.
- You have fantastic interpersonal and communication skills. This job will require you to be a highly astute communicator. You must be able to listen. You must be able to “read” people and understand they might be thinking one thing and telling you another. You must be able to speak clearly and persuasively. You must be able to make people feel comfortable with giving you honest feedback and encourage open communication.
- You are punctual. It goes without saying, however many people struggle to get to work on time!
- You are very comfortable with technology. Nearly everything we use or create requires some type of software program. You don’t need to be a programmer, but you do need to have fluency with technology and feel comfortable with using technology.
- You bring energy into the room rather than take energy out of it. Great teams cannot thrive when people act selfishly, lack ambition, or otherwise row in the opposite direction as the rest of the boat. We’re looking for someone who is fully “on board” with our mission, brings great energy and enthusiasm each day, and has a genuine desire to help others and be part of a team working towards a common goal.
- You constantly seek to improve yourself. You will have an open mind and always be looking for ways to do things better. You will accept and act upon advice. You will maintain regular, formal music lessons as you are committed to continually improving your musicianship. You practice what you preach.
- You are a professional person. Professional people do not make decisions that compromise their professional relationships. They do not double book themselves, prioritise social events over work, or otherwise cause unnecessary inconvenience to their clients. As a professional person you can successfully manage other engagements with this one.
- You are committed to a career as a music coach. We only seek people who know this is what they want to do in life. This isn’t just a job.
Darren talks a little bit about working at The Guitar Gym…
We are always looking for dedicated, professional staff to join our growing team.
At most times we are willing to employ people who we feel possess the right attributes to be successful, effective members of our team whether we are actively seeking staff or not.
We have no shortage of people who want to learn guitar with us.
If you are interested in employment with The Guitar Gym, please contact us at any time.