UPDATED October 27, 2021.
We’re hiring! (Applications Close November 28)
We currently seek an enthusiastic and dedicated guitar teacher to join The Guitar Gym team. If you are a passionate guitarist with a strong desire to share your knowledge of music and believe you meet our requirements, we’d love to hear from you!
For the right candidate, this job will be a fantastic opportunity. You will work closely with the our team, learn something new each day, and perform work that positively impacts the lives of our many members and the wider community.
The ideal applicant will be eager to work a roster of 4 or 5 days a week. Flexible commencement date, ideally mid December. Position is casual.
Benefits of This Role
This is a hands-on role. You will need to hustle and work hard. If you’re up for that, there are a lot of benefits.
- You will perform work that matters. We are an all inclusive facility for people to develop their musicianship regardless of age, ability or ambition. Your work will influence the lives of many people. You will have a duty to promote positive, evidence based information about developing musicianship in the hope of bettering peoples’ chances of sticking with an instrument throughout life.
- You will learn constantly. This is a job that will force you to grow. You’ll learn something new and be challenged pretty much every day. It is our goal for you to be better at the end of each year than you were at the beginning of it.
- You will become a better musician. Our team members help each other, interact, play together, and learn from each other. You will have at your disposal our fantastic team of guitar coaches.
- You will be well paid. Your compensation will be competitive. It is important to me that you are compensated fairly (based on the value you bring to the business, your experience and skills) and that this job moves you in the direction that you want your life and career to be going. We don’t engage in unlawful “sham contracting” like some music schools. You will be employed under the correct Award, paid your superannuation entitlements, and enjoy an extremely consistent income and appointment book.
- You can advance your career. For the right person, this can become a leadership role in the future. Future promotions are not promised in any way, but top performers will be in prime position to advance.
Requirements For This Position
We’re very open to hiring candidates with different backgrounds, experiences, and skills. However, there are a few non-negotiable traits that any successful candidate will possess.
- Your default setting is to be proactive, not reactive. You ask questions rather than letting topics go undiscussed. You take ownership of problems and develop solutions without being asked. To do this job well, you need to be eager to take action and have a history of getting things done.
- You have fantastic interpersonal and communication skills. This job will require you to be a highly astute communicator. You must be able to listen. You must be able to speak clearly and purposefully. You must be able to make people feel comfortable with giving you honest feedback and encourage open communication.
- You are punctual. It goes without saying, however many people struggle to get to work on time!
- You are very comfortable with technology. Nearly everything we use or create requires some type of software program. You don’t need to be a programmer, but you do need to have fluency with technology and feel comfortable with using technology.
- You bring energy into the room rather than take energy out of it. Great teams cannot thrive when people act selfishly, lack ambition, or otherwise row in the opposite direction as the rest of the boat. We’re looking for someone who is fully “on board” with our mission, brings great energy and enthusiasm each day, and has a genuine desire to help others and be part of a team working towards a common goal.
- You constantly seek to improve yourself. You will have an open mind and always be looking for ways to do things better. You will accept and act upon advice. You will maintain regular, formal music lessons as you are committed to continually improving your musicianship. You practice what you preach.
- You are a professional person. Professional people do not make decisions that compromise their professional relationships. They do not double book themselves, prioritise social events over work, or otherwise cause unnecessary inconvenience to their clients and burden their colleagues. As a professional person, you can successfully manage other engagements with this one.
- You are committed to a career as a music coach. We only seek people who know this is what they want to do, as a key part of their broader musical career. This isn’t just a job.
- You have a valid Blue Card for working with children. OR You have applied for one at the time of application.
- Music Degrees are valued but not essential. You will be able to demonstrate a high level of musicianship.
Darren talks a little bit about working at The Guitar Gym…
We are always looking for dedicated, professional staff to join our growing team.
At most times we are willing to employ people who we feel possess the right attributes to be successful, effective members of our team whether we are actively seeking staff or not.
If you are interested in employment with The Guitar Gym, please contact us at any time.